We offered Mathematics for Primary and Secondary levels, and English for Primary level. More details on each curriculum can be found below.
We use a 4Is teaching methodology to train students in various concepts and answering challenging mathematics questions confidently. It is structured as follows:
- Interpret the question by highlighting key words and understanding the problem
- Identify the concept related to the question (for example Part Whole, Equal Stage, Speed, Circles etc)
- Implement the concept methodology in a step-by-step manner
- Inspect, or check, the solution to ensure it makes sense and gets back the values stated in the question
For primary school, the focus will be on applying concepts in problem sums and exam standard questions. For secondary school, it will be on conceptual practices and real-world application questions.
Our English program at Conceptual Thinkers places emphasis on building a foundation of Grammatical concepts and creative writing, to cultivate a sense of appreciation for the English language. We offer:
- A structured Grammar program, divided into different word class (Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs and Adverbs) where students learn Grammar rules to apply correctly for exam questions
- Monthly Spelling tests, including commonly misspelt words and good phrases for Compositions
- Creative Writing program (Introduction techniques, Characterisation etc) with monthly Composition writing tests, with feedback on how to improve
- Monthly Readings of interesting articles with post-reading discussion in the classroom to encourage critical thinking and build up vocabulary and confidence in the English language
These components will be taught regularly throughout the year to strengthen the student's foundation in English.
Our Lessons and Teachers
Yes, our centre provides a detailed and personalised Evaluation Form for each child after every lesson. The form covers common areas of improvements (careless, missing steps, units etc) and comments on the child’s progress and attitude during lesson.
We limit our class size to be 8 students per lesson. This gives teachers the chance to provide ample attention to each student.
The lessons are done in a hybrid format, where students can attend in class or through Zoom. Recordings of every lesson are provided for students to do self-learning and revision anytime.
Yes, interested students may join a trial lesson before deciding if the class and curriculum is suitable for them. You may contact us for a trial session here.
You may do so by contacting us through this link.
Yes, our teachers are trained in teaching the centre’s 4I methodology. They also have at least 5 years of teaching experience in the specific level and subject they will be teaching your child.
When it is near the exam period, we provide additional revision programmes on top of lessons for students to have sufficient practice. We also offer extra worksheets for self-studying at home.
We offer incentives to students to encourage them to complete their work, be attentive in lessons and score well in the examination.
We also talk to students regularly to find out what are the challenges that they face in learning. Then, we will discuss with parents to come up with ways to help them to overcome their issues so that they can enjoy their learning journey.
Fees and payment
For full details on fees, please contact us here.
Payment can be done monthly, termly or biannually, depending on the choice of payment plan.
Students can attend a makeup lesson under certain circumstances, such as external activities or MC. Fees will not be affected.
Our lessons are ongoing on school holidays and fees are not affected.
The following are circumstances where our centre will waive the tuition fees:
- Public holiday (on the lesson date)
- School event (appreciate if you could advise us early) *
- Family vacation (proof of travel required) *
- Medical reasons (proof of medical certificate) *
* if child is unable to attend a makeup lesson
Our centre runs classes from 2 – 9pm on weekdays and 9 – 5pm on weekends. Each lesson is 1.5 hours long (Pri 1 to Sec 2) or 2 hours long (Sec 3 to Sec 4).
For details on the days and timings for specific levels, contact us here.
We are located at 517 Jurong West St 52. Our centre is a 5 min walk from Lakeside MRT station. View on map.